On 23 April 2011, we read that Justin Bieber is in Bogor, in Indonesia, at a time of heightened security fears.
Bogor (ANTARA News) - "The Police bomb squad team in Bogor has been alerted to secure the Canadian singer...
"We have deployed the bomb disposal team ... to anticipate any terrorist bomb" said the police Head of Public Relations on 22 April...
"Bogor police have been combing ...the concert locations."
Justin Bieber arrives in Jakarta.
In Indonesia, there have been a number of recent bomb threats and the discovery of explosives intended to blow up a church on Good Friday, the day before Justin Bieber's concert.
(TV Cameraman Arrested in Good Friday Bomb Plot)
"Police have arrested a cameraman from Indonesian television station Global TV who was allegedly recruited to film the foiled Good Friday bomb attack on the outskirts of Jakarta.
"National Police spokesman Chief Comr. Boy Rafly Amar identified the man by his initials, IF.
“He was arrested at Jakarta on Friday,” Boy told the Jakarta Globe on Saturday.
"He said P had also asked IF to invite foreign cameramen to film the explosions, saying he 'wanted the blast to be broadcast internationally.'...
"P, one of 20 people detained in connection with the bomb plots, has been identified as the husband of Deni Karmelita, a civil servant working at the National Narcotics Agency (BNN)."
Indonesia is the world's biggest 'Moslem' country and is of great strategic importance.
China and Indonesia are becoming closer friends.
China, Indonesia experiencing closer relationship
So, the CIA may be using its Islamist friends to stir up trouble?
President Yudhoyono and family.
The latest Moslem country to be attacked by Wikileaks is the biggest of them all - Indonesia.
Can we now expect some violence?
In 2009 there were bombs attacks on hotels in Jakarta; more recently there have been attacks on churches; on 15 March 2011 a parcel bomb targeted moderate Muslims.
On 11 March 2011, we read that Indonesia, now run by General Yudhoyono, is as corrupt as ever. (Asia Sentinel - Explosive Wikileaks Cables Nail Yudhoyono)
The Wikileaks cables may be intended by the CIA to destabilise Indonesia, and topple its president.
Under Indonesia's current president, General Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Indonesia has been friendly with China, Russia and Iran.
China takes an interest in Indonesia's natural resources, including oil and coal.
China has increased its trade and defence ties with Indonesia.
Indonesia's powerful Army Special Force, Kopassus, has cooperated with China. (RI vows to remain neutral amid global power shift )
Indonesia and China signed a strategic partnership during the visit of President Hu Jintao to Jakarta in 2005.
"You are next!"
According to the allegations in the diplomatic cables:
1. President Yudhoyono has got prosecutors and judges to protect the bad guys.
2. He has used the spooks to spy on rivals.
3. His wife wife and family have enriched themselves.
4. He has protected Taufik Kiemas, husband of former president Megawati Sukarnoputri.
Taufik is believed to have profited from various big infrastructure projects.
Taufik is now speaker of Indonesia's parliament.
5. Yudhoyono's former vice-president, Jusuf Kalla, paid "enormous bribes" to win the chairmanship of Golkar, Indonesia's largest political party.
6. Yudhoyono got cabinet secretary Sudi Silalahi to "intimidate" at least one judge in a 2006 court case arising from a fight for control of former president Abdurahman Wahid's National Awakening Party (PKB).
7. Yudhoyono has used the Indonesian State Intelligence Agency (BIN) to spy on both his allies and opponents.
He got the intelligence service to report on Golkar presidential candidate General Wiranto.
At a meeting of Yudhoyono's cabinet, BIN chief Syamsir described Wiranto as a "terrorist mastermind."
8. Yudhoyono has links to Chinese-Indonesian businessmen, especially Tomy Winata, an alleged underworld figure and member of the "Gang of Nine" or "Nine Dragons," a leading gambling syndicate.
In 2006, Agung Laksono, now Yudhoyono's Co-ordinating Minister for People's Welfare, told US embassy officers that TB Silalahi "functioned as a middleman, relaying funds from Winata to Yudhoyono."
Tomy Winata reportedly used the entrepreneur Muhammad Lutfi to give money to Yudhoyono.
Yudhoyono appointed Lutfi chairman of Indonesia's Investment Co-ordinating Board.
Senior State Intelligence Agency official Yahya Asagaf also told the US embassy Tomy Winata was trying to cultivate influence by using a senior presidential aide as his link to the president's wife, Kristiani Herawati.
9. In 2006, one presidential staff member told US embassy officers that Kristiani's family members were "specifically targeting financial opportunities related to state-owned enterprises."
The President was "witting of these efforts, which his closest operators (e.g. Sudi Silalahi) would advance, while Yudhoyono himself maintained sufficient distance that he could not be implicated."
The president's wife is "the president's undisputed top adviser."
"Members of the President's staff increasingly feel marginalised and powerless to provide counsel to the President."
Yahya Asagaf of the State Intelligence Agency said the first lady's opinion is "the only one that matters."
10. "Ten years of political and economic reform have made Indonesia democratic, stable, and increasingly confident about its leadership role in south-east Asia and the Muslim world.
"Indonesia has held successful, free and fair elections; has weathered the global financial crisis; and is tackling internal security threats."
But, a series of political scandals in 2009 and 2010 seriously damaged Yudhoyono's political standing.
Yudhoyono was increasingly "paralyzed" as his popularity diminished.
"Unwilling to risk alienating segments of the parliament, media, bureaucracy and civil society, Yudhoyono has slowed reforms. He is also unwilling to cross any constituencies ...
"Until he is satisfied that he has shored up his political position, Yudhoyono is unlikely to spend any political capital to move his reform agenda, or controversial aspects of US -Indonesia relations, forward."
aangirfan: OBAMA LOSING INDONESIA?